Note: When [domain] is used, this refers to the domain you are hosting with us (such as synware.com).
How can I create a mailing list to email a group of people?
How do I change settings on my Mailing List?
- Browse to cpanel at http://[domain]/cpanel
- Under "E-Mail" click on "Mailing Lists"
- Click "Add Mailing List"
- Provide a name and password for the list, and click "Create"
- Click "Edit"
- Enter the password for the Mailing List
- Under "General Options":
- Enter a public name for the list. This is the list name that recipients will see
- Enter an administrator email address. This is the email address recipients will respond to. Make sure this email address is a valid address.
- Set other options to your choosing
You may make changes by clicking on "Edit" next to the list name. Mailing Lists are found within CPanel under the E-Mail category.
How do I send email to my Mailing List?
You may send email to all the subscribed users by emailing [ListName]@[domain]. Note that by default, you will not receive a copy of your own email.
How do users interact with my Mailing List?
The subscriber information page is automatically generated at: http://[domain]/mailman/[ListName]_[domain] This list will allows people to join or leave the list.
Will each person see who all is being emailed?
No, the email will appear to be addressed to the individual.
Can members see who is on the subscription list?
Yes, by accessing the subscriber information page they can. You can turn this option off under the "Privacy Options" page when editing a mailing list. This is done by setting the 5th option down to "List admin only"
Can members send mail to the Mailing List?
Yes. You can disable the ability for users to send email under "Membership Management" by checking the "mod" box by their email address. This will moderate their postings, and the list owner will receive the messages instead. This will allow you to add multiple members to the list or simply send them an invite.
Can I manually add users to the mailing list?
Yes, by accessing "Membership Management" and selecting "Mass Subscription" from the sub-menu.